Are you being harassed on Skype by some users? Are you inkling to know who owns a specific account on Skype? If being harassed on Skype is the issue, well, you can call Skype’s customer service and report the incident to them and they will do some investigation on that. Perhaps you can block them from your account so that they will not be able to disturb or annoy you. Or you can get someone’s IP from Skype and do something about it.
But the second question about learning who owns a Skype account, that would a bit of a stretch. I don’t know if there is such application that can do that. And if there is one, I’m not sure if that is even legal. All I know is that, in order to find out more details about a specific account on Skype, you will need a warrant or a court order for that.
For people who just want to find out and get someone’s IP from Skype, we might be able to help you with that. You would need some focused attention as this is not your typical step-by-step process where things are too easy to repeat again. This method might require that you read each step carefully and read twice or more to be sure. I’m kidding. This is so easy that you will be fond of doing this to other people as well. But that would be wrong. Don’t do something bad with this knowledge.
But anyway, here is how you get someone’s IP from Skype. And stay tune down to the end of the article because we will teach you a way to locate the owner of the IP address that you have gathered. (Learn more about IP Address like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 from 19216811.zone)
How to get someone’s IP from Skype
Before we start, I advise everyone reading this to refrain from using this with a bad intention. This is just for educational purpose and also to protect yourself if someone from Skype is giving a hard time. So now that we got that out of the way, let’s begin.
- First is to open a web browser because we are doing this using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Actually, you can use any web browser. I am just more comfortable with these two browsers.
- On the address bar, type in Grabify IP Logger or just head straight to their website.
- Now, open a new tab on your web browser and open YouTube. Why YouTube? Well, this is where we will be getting the bait to nab the Skype user’s IP address that you want to be discovered.
- Choose from a video from YouTube that will certainly be interesting.
- Once you chose a video, copy that video’s link and paste it into the Grabify’s address bar.
- Now click Create URL and wait for a new page to load and show you a new URL. The first one should be with the Grabify’s name on it. That URL is also good to use but just to make sure that your Skype user will not be alarmed, use the Other Links URL. You can generate one and copy that new URL.
- Now open your Skype application. Click on the user ID that you want to exploit. And paste the URL from Grabify.
- To add interest to that URL/YouTube video, add a simple invite that will make the user really curious about the video.
- As soon as the user clicks on that URL and watch the YouTube video, you got him!
- The Skype user’s URL will now get recorded on Grabify’s Result.
- Refresh the Grabify’s page and the Skype user’s URL should be right there at the bottom of the page.
- Enable Hide Bots so that the real IP address will be the one left displayed.
Note: You can also do this using your Android smartphone or iOS mobile devices.
How to Locate an IP Address
As a promised bonus information since you reached this far, we will tell you how to locate that IP address that you got from Grabify. Again, as a disclaimer, we are not encouraging you to use this knowledge to take advantage of other people. And we most certainly do not want you to use this knowledge to cause harm. Please refrain from thinking bad thoughts using this method.
I’m serious guys, no criminal actions using this instruction. I mean it. Now, let’s start.
- Open a new tab on your web browser and type in the IP Location Finder. Or just look for the IP Finger Prints to be sure as there are probably too many IP Location Finders available on the internet. Unfortunately, most of them are fake. While this one right here is the real deal.
- Just type in the IP address that you want to locate and click Discover.
- Wait for a few seconds and it will reveal the IP address’ location.
Please note that the result is not 100% accurate. As far as we have tried it, it is off by a couple of yards up to a kilometer or so sometimes. But that is better than nothing. At least you will have an idea of the IP address’ area and vicinity. And that should amount to something.
And by the way, if the user is using a VPN to hide his IP address, this method will not work. Well, only the best hackers can execute that feat so cool your head right there. That’s just out of our hand.
If you want a more accurate result, you will need the help of your ISP for that. And such will require a warrant and a court order. So this method is the next best thing.
There are many suggestions on the internet on how to get someone’s IP on Skype. And most of them require some coding and a bit of understanding on more advanced log files. So basically, this is the fastest and easiest way to learn the IP address of the Skype user that you want to expose. As a matter of fact, you can also use this method with your other social media accounts including Facebook.
And for the last time, use this knowledge responsibly. Do not use this with bad intention.
If you have questions, feel free to leave your message in the comment section. We will answer them all as soon as possible. And if you know some people that experience the same problem with their Skype, or any social media account, they can use this instruction as well.